Steven I. Adler, Esq.
Steven Adler is the Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Practice Group. During his over 30 years of practice, Steve has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in all types of employment-related matters, including age, race, sex and handicap discrimination lawsuits, as well as lawsuits involving harassment, restrictive covenants and employee manuals. He is, therefore, considered a top choice to serve as a mediator or arbitrator in employment disputes. During the past 20 years, Steve has primarily represented and provided guidance to management on all types of personnel issues.
Steve has substantial jury trial and chancery litigation experience and has handled numerous employment related class actions and other complex litigation. He was selected to be one of the initial Barristers in the Robert L. Clifford American Inn of Court, teaching younger attorneys litigation techniques. He currently is a Master in the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court, where he heads the Bergen County pupillage team. Steve also has a broad commercial litigation background.
Steve has mediated many cases for the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Bergen County. He also frequently lectures and writes extensively on employment law topics. He is also an adjunct professor at Fairleigh Dickinson University. From 1999 to 2001, Steve served as Acting General Counsel for Rolls-Royce & Bentley Motor Cars Inc.
Steve has been selected multiple times for inclusion in the prestigious Best Lawyers in America® in Labor and Employment Law and in New Jersey Super Lawyers® in Employment Litigation. He has been awarded the highest AV rating for his professionalism and the quality of his legal work from Martindale-Hubbell, the premier directory of legal professionals. He has also been included in 201 Magazine’s list of Top Lawyers in Bergen County for 2011 and 2012.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1979
- New Jersey, 1982
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1982
- District of Columbia, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals,k Fifth Circuit, 1999
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law (Co-Chair)
Professional Association Memberships
- Bergen County Bar Association (Chair, Labor Law Committee)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Labor Law Sections)
- Master, Sidney Reitman Employment Law Inn of Court
- Adjunct Professor, Fairleigh Dickinson University
Articles & Publications
- Some Employment Arbitration Issues You May Not Have Considered - Steven I. Adler (Paradigm Fall 2014)