Steven E. Schmidt, Esq.
STEVEN E. SCHMIDT, a member of both the Wisconsin and Tennessee bars, is involved in commercial real estate acquisitions, sales, financing, leasing, property management and development, representing developers, lenders, and institutional owners. He also actively pursues a general commercial practice involving stock, asset and other business acquisitions, secured transactions, negotiation and preparation of contracts and general corporate counseling. Mr. Schmidt handles commercial, surety and mechanic’s lien litigation as well. He has lectured on the topics of corporate in-house litigation control techniques and commercial transactions. He attended Case Western Reserve University (A.B. 1971) and Duke University Law School (J.D. 1973), where he was Phi Beta Kappa, Order of the Coif and a member of the Editorial Board of the Duke Law Journal.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Business Transactions
- Corporate, LLC and Partnership
- Duke University – J.D. 1973
- Case Western Reserve University – B.A. 1971
- Wisconsin – 1973
- Tennessee – 1983
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee – 1984
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals – 1992
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association