San Diego Attorney
Sheila S. Trexler, Esq.
Sheila Trexler, senior trial lawyer, joined the firm in 1986. She has been a shareholder since 1993 and director since 2004. Ms. Trexler’s expertise includes medical and hospital malpractice.
Sheila Trexler is licensed to practice in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the California Supreme Court. She served as Judicial Clerk to the Honorable E.M. Gunderson of the Nevada Supreme Court in 1985 and 1986.
Additionally, Ms. Trexler is a frequent lecturer on medical and legal topics to nurses, physicians and attorneys. Ms. Trexler has been named one of the “Top 50 Women Litigators in California” by the Los Angeles Daily Journal. In 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010, she has been named one of San Diego’s “Top 25 Women” Super Lawyers for Southern California by the publishers of Law & Politics Magazine. In 2009, Ms. Trexler was recognized as ”San Diego Defense Lawyer of the Year” by San Diego Defense Lawyers. Ms. Trexler has also been selected by her peers for a listing in Best Lawyers of America® for Elder Law and Medical and Professional Malpractice Law in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
In 2009, Ms. Trexler became a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. Fellowship in the LCA, is comprised of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, is highly selective and by invitation only.
Ms. Trexler is an adjunct professor at California Western School of Law, where she teaches a course on medical malpractice litigation. She divides her practice between the firm’s San Diego, Indian Wells and Temecula offices.
- Elder Abuse
- Professional Liability
- California Western School of Law, J.D.
- University of Nevada, B.S.N.
- College of the Desert, A.D.N.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of California
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Desert Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- Litigation Counsel of America – Fellow
- San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Association for Healthcare Risk Management
- Southwest Riverside County Bar Association
Attorney News & Announcements