Ryan P. Nowlin, Esq.
Ryan Nowlin joined the firm in 2006 and became a Partner in January 2012. Ryan’s practice is focused on the areas of family law, commercial litigation, and probate litigation.
Ryan represents individuals in every phase of divorce and custody proceedings, and appears in Domestic Relations and Juvenile courts throughout Northeast Ohio. Ryan’s experience with complex family law matters includes the valuation of assets, the determination of premarital/separate property, the allocation of parental rights and responsibilities, and the establishment of appropriate child and/or spousal support obligations. Ryan also prepares and reviews prenuptial agreements. Ryan also counsels businesses and individuals regarding a variety of litigation matters, and he represents clients in state and municipal courts across Northeast Ohio and in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. Ryan also represents clients in various types of trust and estate litigation. Ryan assists clients with appellate matters, and he is experienced in Alternative Dispute Resolution methods, including arbitration and mediation. Ryan was selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition 2011, 2012, and 2014.
Ryan is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a specialist in Family Relations Law.
Ryan currently serves as the Vice-President and At-Large Member of Lakewood City Council. Ryan is the Co-Treasurer of the Family Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Ryan is a participant in the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s “3Rs” program, where he assists with teaching Constitutional Law to tenth graders in the Cleveland Municipal School District. Ryan is also an Associate Member of the Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court and a member of the Center for Principled Family Advocacy.
Ryan and his wife reside in Lakewood with their young daughter and three sons.
- Loyola College in Maryland, 2002
B.A. – English Literature
cum laude; Member, Honors Program
President, Student Government Association
- National University of Ireland, Galway
Study Abroad Program
Fall Semester, 2000
- University of Maryland School of Law, 2005, J.D.
Phi Delta Phi; Student Bar Association;
Re-Entry of Ex-Offenders Legal Clinic
Awards & Honors:
- OSBA Certified Specialist, Family Relations Law
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition 2011, 2012 and 2014
- Center for Principled Family Advocacy
- Judge John M. Manos Inn of Court
- Vice President and Member, Lakewood City Council
- Participant in Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association “3Rs” Program
Court and Bar Associations:
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Admitted – U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Admitted – U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Co-Treasurer of Family Law Section
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Probate Litigation
Attorney News & Announcements: