Robert H. Shaer, Esq.
Bob is a partner at the Firm and also Chairs the Real Estate Department. His practice encompasses all aspects of real estate law, while focusing primarily on representing developers in the acquisition, sale, development and leasing of residential and commercial property, and on representing borrowers and lending institutions in commercial loan transactions. He also assists clients with their business law needs by reviewing and preparing corporate documents such as shareholder agreements, employment agreements, and partnership agreements and by advising on a variety of business issues.
In addition to managing the Real Estate Department and assisting clients, Bob also assists with the management of the Firm’s personnel and day-to-day business needs. A former professional tennis instructor, Bob enjoys playing golf and traveling with his wife.
Bob is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of lawyers, which is the highest rating attainable.
Bob has recently been involved in the following projects:
- Representing a developer in the preparation and negotiation of a ground lease in connection with the development of a suburban retail center;
- Representing a developer in the acquisition of a $50,000,000 suburban real estate portfolio, including industrial / warehouse space, vacant land and several residential apartment buildings;
- Representing developers in the acquisition, development and sale of a variety of residential condominium projects.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Business Transactions
- Massachusetts, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1980
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1984
- Boston College Law School
Juris Doctorate, 1979
- Bowdoin College
B.A. Government, 1972
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Mortgage Bankers Association
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, Boston Magazine, 2004 – 2007
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell