Robert H. Iseman, Esq.
Bob has represented both institutional and individual health care providers and health care insurers for more than 35 years. He has provided a full range of legal services for multi-provider health care systems, hospitals, physician practice groups, health maintenance organizations, and other health care providers and third-party payors. Areas of representation include corporate governance and compliance issues, integrated health care delivery systems, medical staff relationships, peer review, corporate and medical staff bylaws, risk management, provider reimbursement, vendor contracts, certificate of need applications, fraud and abuse, joint ventures, tax issues and real estate.
Throughout the State of New York and on a regional basis, Bob has provided legal services to several religiously sponsored, multi-hospital health care systems. His experience in representing religiously sponsored health care systems has included substantial involvement concerning the inter-relationship between the civil law of New York and other states and the Canon Law of the Roman Catholic Church.
Bob also has been engaged in a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters for various clients, including many nationally known corporations. The litigated disputes involved such areas of the law as directors’ and officers’ liability claims, securities claims, real estate transactions, environmental contamination, insurance coverage disputes, breach of contract and personal injury claims.
Before entering private practice, Bob was employed by the Office of Counsel to the Governor of the State of New York, where he served for two years as an assistant counsel to Governors Rockefeller and Wilson.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., cum laude
- Editor, Albany Law Review
- Member of the Justinian Society for Academic Excellence
- University at Albany, B.A.
- magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Health Care
- American Association for Justice
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Albany County Bar Association
Community and Business Activities:
- Served as counsel to a special State Bar Association Action Unit studying reform of the State’s court system and the manner of selection of judges
- New York State Bar Committee on Constitution and Bylaws and the Legislative Policy Committee, past chair
- Elected as a fellow of the New York Bar Foundation
- Board of Education of Cambridge Central School, past board president and board member
- Council for Intercollegiate Sports, University at Albany Foundation, past chair
Attorney News & Announcements: