Richard A. Mitchell, Esq.
Rick concentrates his practice in the areas of banking, bankruptcy, workouts and commercial litigation, as well as health care, corporate and transactional matters. His banking practice includes representation of major banks and corporations as lenders, both secured and unsecured, in Chapter 7, 11 and 13 cases throughout New York. He has handled bankruptcies in such diverse fields as construction, health care and retail.
Rick’s health care practice includes representation of physicians with respect to practice formation, choice of entity, governance, employment agreements, and regulatory compliance. He has negotiated exclusive contracts, recruiting agreements, and other contracts with hospitals, and has represented health care clients in mergers and acquisitions.
Rick is a lifelong resident of Poughkeepsie. Before joining ICRH as a partner in 2002, he was a partner at another leading Hudson Valley law firm for more than 20 years.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- Creditors’ Rights
- Health Care
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Council; American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association; Mid-Hudson Bankruptcy Bar Association (past president)
- Dutchess County Bar Association
Community and Business Activities:
- United Way of Dutchess County, board chair
- United Way of Dutchess County, planning committee chair
- Community Foundation of Dutchess County, past president
- Vassar Brothers Hospital Foundation, past director
- American Heart Association, past director
- Bardavon 1869 Opera House, past director
- Dutchess County Boy Scout Council, past director
- Family Services, Inc., past director
- New York State Judicial Screening Committee, Dutchess County representative (1992-1998), member
Attorney News & Announcements: