Raymond C. Steadmon, Esq.
Raymond C. Steadmon is the newest member of our Lane & Lane team. Ray was born and raised in the Kalamazoo, Michigan area, where he graduated from Mattawan High School in 2001. After High School, Ray attended Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Ray graduated in 2005 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice, and a minor in Spanish.
After College, Ray spent one year at a Law School in Michigan . In 2007, he moved to Chicago to pursue his legal career. In December 2008, Ray was awarded his Juris Doctorate degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law. For two years while in law school, Ray was a Law Clerk at the Plaintiff’s personal injury law firm of Corboy & Demetrio.
Ray became a member of the Illinois State Bar in May 2009. After being sworn in, Ray worked for a short period as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Mary Kay Rochford in the Circuit Court of Cook County , Chancery Division. Ray devotes his practice of law at Lane & Lane to the representation of catastrophically injured victims and their families.
Areas of Practice:
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Litigation Percentage: 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2009
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois, 2008 – J.D.
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Ferris State University, Big Rapids, Michigan, 2005 – B.A., B.S.
- Honors: Honor Roll
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Sociology
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards:
- Charles Evans Hughes Moot Court Competition Finalist, 2007
- CALI Award in Legal Writing III, 2007
- Certificate of Merit in Property I, 2006
- Certificate of Merit in Legal Research and Writing, 2006
- Certificate of Merit in Torts II, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 – Present – Member
- American Association for Justice, 2007 – Present – Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, 2007 – Present – Member- Young Lawyers Division
- Chicago Bar Association, 2007 – Present – Member
- American Bar Association, 2006 – Present – Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division, Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Mary K. Rochford, 2009
- Corboy & Demetrio, P.C., Law Clerk, 2007 – 2009
Fraternities/Sororities: Sigma Pi