Randall J. Phillips, Esq.
Randall J. Phillips is an associate with Charles G. Monnett & Associates. Mr. Phillips’ practice focuses on medical malpractice, products liability and other cases involving catastrophic injury or death. He practiced in Tennessee and Georgia for the last 11 years before returning home to Charlotte. Mr. Phillips received his undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 1991, and his law degree from the University of Tennessee in 1994. Currently licensed to practice law in North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia, Mr. Phillips is also admitted to practice before numerous federal courts in those states and the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the prestigious Melvin Belli Society, the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association where he served as a member of the Board of Governors and on several committees for many years.
- Birth Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- Other Catastrophic Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
Year Joined Organization: 2006
Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee, 1994 – J.D.
- University of North Carolina – Charlotte, 1991 – B.A.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- The Defense of Comparative Fault and Rule 8.03, Tenn. Trial Lawyers Assoc., Mid-Winter Convention and Seminar, Nashville, Tenn., 2003
- Rule 35 Examinations, Tenn. Trial Lawyers Assoc. Annual Auto Torts Seminar, Nashville, Tenn., 2004
- Ex Parte Communications with Plaintiff’s Treating Physicians, Tenn. Trial Lawyers Assoc. Annual Auto Torts Seminar, Nashville, Tenn., 2004
- Civil Procedure, Tenn. Trial Lawyers Assoc. Annual Review and Ethics Seminar, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Nashville, Tenn., 2004
- Evidence, Tenn. Trial Lawyers Assoc. Annual Review and Ethics Seminar, Knoxville, Chattanooga and Nashville, Tenn., 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice – Regional Director, 2005 National Law School Mock Trial Competition
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 1998 – 2005 – Board of Governors
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, 2004 – 2005 – Chair, Amicus Committee
- Melvin Belli Society
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association