New Orleans Attorney
R. Ethan Zubic, Esq.
Ethan joined Montgomery Barnett in 2012 as an associate member of the firm’s Admiralty and Maritime practice group. Ethan received his Juris Doctorate from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law in 2012. At Loyola, Ethan served as the Substance & Citation Managing Editor of the Loyola Law Review. Before attending Loyola, he earned his Master of Business Administration degree from Millsaps College in 2008 after finishing his undergraduate degree at Millsaps with a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics.
While attending Loyola, Ethan served as President of the Maritime Law Society, and he authored “Pure Versus Contract Salvage – Narrowing the Scope of an “Agreement to Volunteer” Bar to Pure Salvage,” which was published in the Loyola Maritime Law Journal. Also he co-authored the “Wrongful Death Matrix,” a graphical illustration of the proper beneficiaries and their rights, remedies and damages for a wrongful death claim of Jones Act seamen and Longshore & Harbor workers.
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2012, J.D.
- Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi, 2008, M.B.A.
- Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi, 2007, B.S.
- Louisiana, 2012
Honors & Awards:
- Charles A. Sewell Award
Areas of Practice:
- Admiralty and Maritime
- Pollution & Environmental
- Commercial Real Estate Leases & Transactions
- Oil & Gas
- Pure Versus Contract Salvage – Narrowing the Scope of an “Agreement to Volunteer” Bar to Pure Salvage, 10 LOY. MAR. L.J. 145 , 2011
- Wrongful Death Matrix, 11 LOY. MAR. L.J. (forthcoming 2013)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Propeller Club of New Orleans
- Maritime Law Association
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Beta Gamma Sigma