Phillip A. Ranney, Esq.
Phil Ranney joined the firm in 1961 and became a partner in 1967. His practice consists primarily of estate planning and estate, trust and private foundation administration. He is presently the secretary of five foundations, the trustee of many trusts and the executor of many estates.
Phil has served as a director of two New York Stock Exchange companies: Rohr Industries of Chula Vista, California and General Housewares of Terre Haute, Indiana. As a member of the Boards of those companies, he served at various times as chairman of the Audit, Compensation and Employee Benefits Committees.
Phil was assistant to the Mayor of Lakewood while he attended law school. He was a member of the Lakewood Board of Education for eight years, twice serving as its president. He was elected to the Lakewood Public Schools Alumni Hall of Fame and was chosen by the Lakewood Athletic Commission as its “Citizen of the Year”.
Phil is married and has three adult daughters and three grandchildren.
- Dartmouth College, 1958, B.A.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1961, L.L.B
Law Review Editor
Awards & Honors:
- Member Case Western Reserve University School of Law Society of Benchers
- Elected to the Lakewood Public Schools Alumni Hall of Fame
- Elected by Lakewood Athletic Commission as its “Citizen of the Year”
- Member and past President of Lakewood Board of Education – Eight years
Court and Bar Associations:
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Areas of Practice:
- Charitable Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Family Foundations
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Retirement Distribution Planning
- Trust Administration