Austin, Texas Attorney
Philip P. Romero, Esq.
As a Shareholder with the Firm, Mr. Romero handles a broad range of civil litigation matters, including tort actions, commercial liability, premises liability, employment law cases, and the prosecution of subrogation claims. He also has extensive experience defending complex, multi-party tort actions against utility providers. Mr. Romero offers significant courtroom and trial experience, and regularly speaks to professional organizations regarding risk management and avoidance, and other legal matters.
- State of Texas (1996)
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts
- Admitted to practice in the Fifth Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- North Texas Association of Insurance Counsel, Active Member
- Member of the Employment Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., 1996
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1993
Publications and Acknowledgements
- “The Effect of Perry v. Sindermann on the Livelihood of Texas College Teachers,” Texas Association of College Teachers Quarterly Newsletter , Volume 52, Number 1, July/August/September, 1999.
- Named a Rising Star by Texas Monthly magazine, 2007
- “The Trouble With the ‘Acts of God’ Defense in Texas,” Insurance Journal, August, 2009.