Peter C. Brown, Esq.
Pete Brown’s primary areas of practice are litigation and real estate law. Mr. Brown’s practice focuses on resolving real estate title disputes and insurance claims. He represents financial institutions, mortgage servicers, and individuals with various real estate title litigation matters, including mortgage priority disputes, adverse possession claims, boundary disputes, easement issues, construction lien claims, and fraud claims. In addition, Mr. Brown represents title insurance underwriters in insurance coverage disputes. Mr. Brown also assists lenders and servicers directly with various residential and commercial real estate matters.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and resolved hundreds of real estate title matters.
- Represented title insurance companies and their insureds in various real estate title disputes, including mortgage priority disputes, adverse possession claims, boundary disputes, easement issues, construction lien claims, and fraud claims.
- Represented title insurance underwriters in insurance coverage disputes.
- Represented title insurance underwriters in recoupment and subrogation actions.
- Represented lenders, owners, and lien claimants in construction lien claims and foreclosures.
- Represented creditors in bankruptcy matters, including perfection or preference claims by bankruptcy trustees.
- Represented financial institutions and mortgage servicers directly with various residential and commercial real estate matters.
- Successfully defended a mortgage company in a seven-million dollar tort action by borrower. Successfully handled subsequent appeal wherein the Michigan Court of Appeals affirmed the trial court’s dismissal of the mortgage company.
- Successfully negotiated favorable settlements on behalf of clients in various real estate, contract, and business litigation matters.
Areas of Practice
- Real Property Law
- Title Insurance Law
- Banking and Creditors’ Rights Law
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
- Western Michigan University, B.A.
State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Real Property Law Section
- Member, Titles & Conveyancing Committee
- Member, Litigation Section
- Member, Young Lawyer Section
Ingham County Bar Association
- Board Member, Young Lawyer Section
American Land Title Association (ALTA)
Michigan Land Title Association (MLTA)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan