Oklahoma City Attorney
Nicholas D. Rouse, Esq.
Nicholas D. Rouse has been the Managing Director of Dunlap Codding since 2007, while continuing an active practice. He also leads the firm’s Mechanical Engineering Group. In its inaugural coverage of intellectual property law in Oklahoma, the highly regarded Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2014 ranked Nick in the top band of leading practitioners, and he has been top ranked continuously since then. He was recently selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 for Patent Law and Trademark Law, and Managing IPrecently ranked Nick as an IP Star.
Nick provides a broad range of patent counseling to clients ranging from individual inventors to large multinational manufacturing companies. His practice includes patent preparation and prosecution, patent portfolio management, validity and infringement opinions, evaluations of new designs, and licensing strategy. Nick develops strategies that meet the business goals of clients, including advising them on how to build patent portfolios through preparing and prosecuting patents, developing intellectual property positions that take into account competitors’ intellectual property, and advising on acquisitions or licensing of technology. Although Nick has experience with a wide array of technologies, his practice has involved primarily subject matter in the mechanical and electro-mechanical arts. More specifically, he has assisted clients in the areas of petroleum exploration and production, construction equipment and processes, sporting goods, automotive systems, medical devices, safety products, packaging materials, and farming and ranching equipment. Nick’s practice also encompasses all aspects of trademark planning and management including clearance searches and opinions, trademark prosecution, licensing, and policing and enforcement of trademark rights.
Nick graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 1987 with a B.S. in Petroleum Engineering, and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma in 1990. He is a member of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association, and recently served as its president. Nick was admitted to the Oklahoma Bar in 1990.
- University of Oklahoma School of Law, J.D.
- University of Oklahoma, B.S., Petroleum Engineering
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Ranked in the top band for Intellectual Property Law byChambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Selected by attorney peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2013 in the fields of Patent Law and Trademark Law.
- Nick recently served as President of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
Attorney New & Announcements