Kansas City Attorney
Neil S. Sader, Esq.
Bankruptcy attorney Neil Sader grew up throughout the Midwest and has been practicing law in the Kansas City area since graduating from the University of Kansas School of Law in 1984. Neil maintains an “AV” rating (the highest rating possible) from the Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Rating Service and has been listed in the Super Lawyers directory for the states of Missouri and Kansas since 2006. Neil has built his practice working with individuals and with businesses large and small to provide legal solutions to financial problems. He takes pride in how he and The Sader Law Firm offer personal service and high quality, cost effective legal counsel and legal representation to all their clients.
Whether it involves helping a business continue to operate by stopping a bank or other creditor asserting a default, or creatively working to give a business some time it needs to sell some property, or land an anticipated new contract, Neil is able to quickly assess the situation and arrive at workable solutions. Neil enjoys using his knowledge of the bankruptcy laws to help clients obtain the results they have worked hard to achieve.
On a personal level, Neil enjoys involvement in governmental and community affairs. He remains today a “recovering politician.” He has served on numerous civic boards and committees; he has served as a County and City Planning Commissioner as well as a City Council member in Overland Park, Kansas. Neil coached youth baseball teams and served on the Board of Directors of the Mid-America Chapter of the MS Society and Kansas City Jewish Family & Childrens’ Services. Neil currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Jewish Community Relations Bureau in Kansas City. Neil is also a long-suffering Kansas City Chiefs and Royals fan – attending games with his family and friends as often as possible.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Columbia University, A.B. (Political Science), 1980
- Peachtree High School, Chamblee, Georgia, 1976
Court Memberships and Admissions:
- U.S. District Court, Colorado, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1995
- Kansas and U.S. District Court of Kansas, 1994
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 1988
- Missouri and U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri, 1984
Professional Associations and Related Experience:
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Johnson County, Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- The Missouri Bar
- Former Staff Member, White House Domestic Policy Staff
- Delegate, 1996 Democratic National Convention
- Board Certified – Consumer Bankruptcy Law
- American Board of Certification, 2000; Recertification, 2006, 2009 and 2014