Neil F. Narut, Esq.
Neil heads KMK Foreclosure, the residential mortgage default services division of Kohner, Mann & Kailas, S.C. Neil oversees KMK Foreclosure’s “cradle-to-grave” service to lenders and servicers, continuing to build upon our existing reputation of successfully resolving a large volume of foreclosure, loss mitigation and REO proceedings. KMK Foreclosure provides lenders, investors and servicers with fullservice residential foreclosure services backed by a reputation for accuracy among our clients and peers that is second to none. Under Neil’s, leadership, KMK Foreclosure upholds the rights of creditors arising out of all types of real propertyrelated retail loans, from conventional to home equity, including those backed by guarantors, including the FHA, VA, USDA, FreddieMac and FannieMae, as well as in dwellingrelated replevin actions.
Neil came to KMK having already successfully established, managed and grown a successful high-volume mortgage foreclosure and related bankruptcy practice in another state. Neil’s focus has always been in real estate, often in areas associated with volume caseloads, including title matters, landlord/tenant matters and both commercial and residential foreclosures. He has successfully enforced the interests of creditors in thousands of federal and state proceedings. In addition, Neil has personally handled and overseen hundreds of successful REO dispositions on behalf of acquirers of foreclosed real estate.
• Banking Law
• Commercial Law
• Trial Practice
• Landlord and Tenant
• Title Resolution
• Loss Mitigation
• REO Disposition
• State of Wisconsin (pending)
• State of Illinois
• United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
• United States District Court, Southern District of Illinois
• United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
• The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1997.
• Loyola University, B.S. in Political Science, 1995.
Other Legal Experience
• Office of the Illinois Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, 1996.
• Lyndon Baines Johnson Scholar, United States House of Representatives, Washington D.C., 1994.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
• REOMAC (national non-profit trade association for the mortgage default industry).
• “Mortgage Fraud Panel,” 5 Star MPact Group, November 2011.
• “False Claims Act/Dodd-Frank,” ACI Conference, October 2011, Washington D.C.
• “Fraud in Loss Mitigation and Loan Modifications,” MBA Fraud Issues Conference. Spring, 2011. Hollywood, Florida.
• Moderator of “Delving into the Mystique of Bankruptcy,” REOMAC Spring Summit, 2011. Desert Springs, CA.
• “Litigation Trends and How to Prevent Going Down that Path,” REOMAC Fall Summit, 2010.
• Moderator of “Code Enforcement and Vacant Property Registration,” REOMAC Spring Summit, 2010.
• “Overview of Mortgage Foreclosures in Illinois, Judicial Process Through REO,” Chicago Title Continuing Legal Education Seminar, February 18, 2010.
• “Mortgage Foreclosure Timeline and Issues Involving Municipal Code Enforcement and Blight,” Northwest Building Officials and Code Administrators Luncheon, 2009.
Attorney News & Announcements