Muliha Khan, Esq.
Muliha is a partner at Zupkus & Angell, P.C. Muliha defends insurance companies, commercial defendants, and insureds in construction defect, bad faith, and personal injury claims. Muliha is particularly interested in issues involving indemnity and has written on this topic. As part of her insurance practice, Muliha focuses on personal injury defense. Muliha has had much success with these cases, recently prevailing in a jury trial when a defense verdict was entered on behalf of her client.
Muliha also practices in the area of employment law, focusing on providing pre-litigation and litigation services. Muliha has significant appellate experience at all levels and has drafted briefs for the United States Supreme Court, the Colorado Supreme Court, and Colorado Court of Appeals. Prior to joining Zupkus & Angell in 2010, Muliha worked at one of Denver’s top rated large law firms.
Muliha graduated from Colorado College Cum Laude and with Distinction. She obtained her law degree from the University of Denver where she served as an editor for the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy and participated in moot court, placing first in the Client Counseling competition.
Muliha’s work and life experiences span four continents. Before moving to Colorado, she lived in the U.K., Libya, and Bangladesh. When she’s not in the office, Muliha enjoys spending time with her family, regularly frequenting the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
Muliha also volunteers in her spare time and was recently involved with the Colorado Joint Disaster Legal Services Task Force, a relief effort providing legal assistance to those affected by the September 2013 floods.
Articles & Presentation
- Author: Rocky Mountain High: What the Legalization of Marijuana Means for Employers, November 2013 edition of Primerus Corporate Client e-Newsletter; and provided to attendees of 2013 ACC Annual Meeting.
- Author: A Survey of the Law of Non-Contractual Indemnity and Contribution, Colorado Chapter, 2012.
- Speaker: Handbooks and Employee Policies: Sending the Right Message, Employment Law Seminar, 2008.
- Speaker: Employment Issues in the Paperless Workplace, Employment Law Seminar, 2007.
- “Handbooks and Employee Policies: Sending the Right Message,” Employment Law Seminar, 2008. “Employment Issues in the Paperless Workplace,” Employment Law Seminar, 2007.
- Colorado High School Mock Trial Tournament, Scoring Panelist.
- 9News: Law Line 9, Volunteer Attorney.
Attorney News & Announcements