Michael S. Pitts, Esq.
Mike Pitts is managing partner of Collins & Lacy. He practices in employment law, an area in which he has spent most of his career helping businesses with labor and employment matters and complex commercial cases. Mike is experienced in litigation and arbitration, as well as counseling management on ways to avoid disputes. Mike also practices in commercial litigation, professional liability and municipal law. He currently serves as the Anderson County Attorney. A native of Charlotte, North Carolina, Mike graduated with distinction from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was made a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Mike received his Juris Doctor from The University of South Carolina School of Law. He was a member of the South Carolina Law Review and was inducted into the Order of the Wig and Robe. Mike has been honored as one of the Best Lawyers in America for his work in labor & employment litigation and employment law management.
- Employment Law
- Professional Liability
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- One Third of Collins & Lacy’s Greenville Attorneys Honored as “Best Lawyers”
- Free Seminar Series: How to Avoid the Pitfalls of Litigation: Tips to Keep Your Company out of Court
Read our newsletters for the latest information and updates on legal issues related to the practice of Workers’ Compensation, Employment and Insurance law in South Carolina.
- Employment: representing management from all types of industries in litigation and alternative dispute resolution. Also working with employers on the preparation of documents to address ways to minimize employment risk and litigation, including, but not limited to, policy manuals, handbooks and contracts.
- Commercial Litigation: representing commercial parties in contract disputes and trade secrets cases.
- Municipal Law: representing public entities in the areas of economic development, land use, employment, procurement, contracts as well as the defense of tort litigation.
Awards and Recognition
- South Carolina Super Lawyers® (2012-2014)
- Best Lawyers© (2012-2014)
- Upstate Legal Elite (2014)
Papers, Presentations and Publications
- Employment Law Concerns to Watch out for While Handling a Claim, South Carolina National Safety Council Seminar, “Keeping Your Business Safe: Securing Your Bottom Line by Avoiding Litigation,” August 2011
Professional, Civic and Community Involvement
- Greenville County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Association of County Attorneys
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- Attorneys Christian Boesl and Michael Pitts to Speak at SC PRIMA 2012 March Madness Workshop, March 5, 2012
Attorney News & Announcements
- Eleven Collins & Lacy, P.C. attorneys recognized by Super Lawyers
- Collins & Lacy Almost Triples the Number of Attorneys Selected as South Carolina Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars®
- Collins & Lacy, P.C. Elects New Leader of the Statewide Defense Firm
- South Carolina Firm, Collins & Lacy Elects Three Attorneys to New Leadership Positions
- Best Lawyers 2013 Honors Collins & Lacy’s Attorneys in Numerous Practice Areas
- Collins & Lacy Attorneys Selected for South Carolina Super Lawyers® 2012 List, and 2012 Rising Stars List