Michael J. Cunningham, Esq.
Languages: English, German
Mike concentrates his practice in commercial and personal injury litigation. His cases have arisen from construction delays, environmental pollution, explosions, floods, industrial accidents, structural failures, and other catastrophic events, as well as business transactions and governmental enforcement activity. These engagements have required Mike to develop a working knowledge of technical issues in a variety of fields, including automotive engineering, bridge design, civil engineering, concrete technology, explosive and pyrotechnic chemistry, highway design, hydrology, machine design, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, propane systems and underwater blasting.
Among the significant cases Mike has completed are the Empire State Plaza construction delays (Albany), the New York State Thruway Bridge collapse (Schoharie), the St. Lawrence Canal flood (Whitehall), the Queensboro Bridge rehabilitation project delays (New York City), and the Marcy pedestrian bridge collapse (Utica-Rome Expressway).
Mike has represented construction firms, design professionals, hospitals, insurance carriers, law firms, manufacturers, health maintenance organizations, nursing homes, retailers, trade associations and shareholders, as well as individual accident victims. He is experienced in both the prosecution and defense of suits involving product design, professional malpractice, environmental pollution (CERCLA), pharmaceuticals, industrial safety, motor vehicle crashes, and fires.
Prior to entering the private practice of law, Mike served as a law clerk to the Hon. Edward A. Tamm of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude
- Executive Editor, Notre Dame Law Review
- Manhattan College, B.A. (with honors)
- Albert-Ludwigs Universität, Germany
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
Community and Business Activities:
- Volunteer attorney, Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York, past board member and officer
Attorney News & Announcements: