Melissa L. Demorest LeDuc, Esq.
Melissa focuses her practice on business formation, mergers and acquisitions, and other business transactions. She serves as outside general counsel for many small businesses, providing guidance in employment, real estate, contract, and other business matters. Melissa also has particular experience with woman-owned businesses. Melissa also leads our firm’s appellate practice.
- Wayne State University Law School, cum laude, 2005
- University of Michigan, B.A. in Economics, Minor in French and Francophone Studies, 2002
- Joined Demorest Law Firm, PLLC in 2005
- All Michigan Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
Honors & Awards:
- Leadership Detroit Class XXXIV
- 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Rising Star, Michigan SuperLawyers
- 2010 – YWCA of Western Wayne County: Volunteer of the Year
- 2008 – YWCA of Western Wayne County: Young Professional of the Year
- Senior Articles Editor and Assistant Editor of The Wayne Law Review
- Internship with the Honorable Nancy G. Edmunds, U.S. District Court Judge for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Dearborn Area Chamber, Board of Directors & Chair-Elect for 2014
- Varsity Girls Lacrosse Assistant Coach (former JV Head Coach), Birmingham Seaholm and Groves High Schools
Attorney News & Announcements:
- Two Demorest Law Firm Attorneys Honored By “Super Lawyers” for 2013
- Demorest Law Firm, PLLC Attorney Graduates from Detroit Regional Chamber’s Leadership Detroit Class XXXIV
- Two Demorest Law Firm Attorneys Honored By “Super Lawyers” for 2012
- Demorest Lawyer Accepted to Leadership Detroit Class XXXIV