Matthew D. Ellison, Esq.
Matthew D. Ellison is a Member of the Fowler Bell firm, practicing in the firm’s Litigation and Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Groups. Mr. Ellison also has significant experience in employment law and workers’ compensation litigation and represents local, regional and national clients. Mr. Ellison is precise and focused in his practice and is dedicated to finding solutions for his clients, whether that is in the courtroom or through out of court settlement.
- Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights
- Workers’ Compensation
- Employment Law
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- University of Kentucky College of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2004
- West Virginia Wesleyan College
Bachelor of Science, History and Political Science, 2001
- Kentucky Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- International Association of Commercial Collectors
Presentations & Publications
- Published opinions before the Kentucky Court of Appeals including Grant v. Board of Trustees, Kentucky Retirement Systems (2007-CA-388).
- Co-author of “Preparing and Filing the Appeal,” for UK CLE publication “Civil Practice in Kentucky.”
- Authored attorney-client privilege materials for the Risk Insurance Managers’ Society regional meeting.
- Speaker at “Kentucky Employment Law Update” educational seminar in January of 2010.
- Speaker at Greater Lexington Paralegal Association meeting in 2010 – “An Overview of Workers’ Compensation in Kentucky.”
- Presented at seminar on “The Impact of Technology on Employment Disputes” in March of 2010.
- Presented at seminar for the Kentucky Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section in February 2011.