Martin N. Lisman, Esq.
Martin N. Lisman has extensive experience in the handling of major defense litigation cases involving catastrophic property losses and bodily injuries.
Mr. Lisman splits his practice between the Philadelphia and southern New Jersey offices. Mr. Lisman represents individuals, businesses, and government agencies in a wide variety of cases. He currently focuses his practice in general liability claims, debt collection practice, and commercial real estate.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Lisman served as a law clerk for the City of Philadelphia, Special Litigation Unit of the City Solicitor’s Office, and for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Office of Chief Counsel for the Department of Labor and Industry. Mr. Lisman also worked for the Business Bankruptcy Project, co-run by Harvard Law School and the University of Texas Law School. This Project published findings from a major empirical study on the disposition of business bankruptcy cases for the Bankruptcy Review Commission.
- General Liability Defense
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Discrimination Defense
- York College of Pennsylvania (B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 1995)
- Temple University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
Honors and Affiliations
- Selected for Inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2012 and 2013
- Selected for Inclusion in Smart CEO’s Legal Elite List in 2012
- 1998 New Jersey
- 1999 Pennsylvania
- 2000 United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Articles and Publications
- Efficiency in Buying or Leasing Dental Office Space
- Editor of Winning at the Deposition by Howard Lebofsky, Esq. (Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1999)
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Appointed to the Board of the Young Friends of the Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey, 2012
- Hearing Committee for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania 2001-2007