Mark Pickering, Esq.
Mr. Pickering graduated with a B.S. in Economics from Texas A&M University in 1990. He then studied for his Juris Doctor degree at the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, graduating in 1994. He is admitted to practice before all state and federal district courts in both Texas and Louisiana. Mr. Pickering handles both litigation and appellate work.
Areas of Practice:
- Insurance Defense
- Subrogation Recovery
- Agent and Broker Liability
- Offshore Injuries
- Toxic Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Obtained jury verdict of no liability on behalf of defendant in a slip and fall matter in Travis County.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a wholesale insurance broker damages in excess of $30 million dollars was sought due to an alleged illegal sale of surplus lines insurance.
- Obtained a ruling favorable to client on the issue of whether a trustee in an involuntary bankruptcy proceeding can waive the attorney-client privilege against the wishes of the debtor.
- Louisiana: 1994
- Texas: 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 2001
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, 1994 - J.D.
- Texas A&M University, 1990 - B.S.
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Jefferson County Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- Appellate Advocacy Board, LSU Law Center
- BV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Wex Malone American Inn of Court, 1993-1994