Mark A. Brown, Esq.
Mark A. Brown is a native Chicagoan, graduating from Maine East High School in 1985. He then graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in 1989.Mark entered law school in 1990 at Chicago-Kent College of Law and was President of the Decalogue Society. Mark obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1993.
Throughout his career, Mark has practiced as a plaintiff’s civil litigation attorney, concentrating in medical malpractice, catastrophic and complex personal injury actions and sexual abuse cases in state and federal courts. Mark’s experience includes argument of a medical malpractice case in front of the Illinois Supreme Court at age 34, preparation of several Appellate briefs, as well as numerous jury trials and mediations involving serious personal injury and medical malpractice.
Mark was selected in 2010 and 2011 as an Illinois Superlawyer in the field of Personal Injury Law. The selection was made by other attorneys and judges and is limited to the top 5% of attorneys in the field. Mark was also honored in 2007 by the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin as one of the 40 Under 40 Attorneys to Watch in Illinois. As an advocate and a legal counselor, Mark is dedicated to providing help to his clients and their families.
Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Sexual Abuse
Litigation Percentage: 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1993 – Juris Doctor
- Honors: Dean’s List: President, Decalogue Society
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, 1990 – Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Member: Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Businessv
- Sole Proximate Cause (Co-Author), Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Medical Malpractice Seminar, December, 2000
- Workers’ Compensation Lien and Proceeds from Uninsured/Underinsured Policies, Illinois State Bar Associations Young Lawyers Journal, May, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Member, Amicus Curiae Committee
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice – Member
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division – Past Chairman
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association – Former Member, Judicial Screening Committee
Past Employment Positions:
- Jeffrey M. Goldberg & Associates, Ltd., 2000 – 2002
- Law Offices of Martin L. Glink, 1997 – 2000
Fraternities/Sororities: Sigma Alpha Mu