New York Attorney
Mark A. Berman, Esq.
Mr. Berman is a partner in the Commercial Litigation, Cooperative and Condominium Law and Employment and Labor Law Practice Groups at Ganfer & Shore. He has extensive experience in representing private and public companies, as well as partnerships and individuals, as plaintiffs and defendants, in court and in arbitral forums, in complex commercial matters, with an emphasis on real estate and securities disputes, electronic discovery conflicts, and complex title insurance issues. He is a seasoned appellate attorney, having argued many cases before both the First and Second Departments. Mr. Berman is also a trained mediator.
Mr. Berman is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level in professional excellence and ethics, and has been selected as a “New York Super Lawyer” annually since 2008.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., 1990)
magna cum laude
Editor, Moot Court Board
Order of the Barrister
- Columbia College (A.B., 1986)
- New York State (1991)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (1993)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (2000)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (2004)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1998)
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Member, Electronic Discovery Working Group for the New York State Court System, 2010 to present
- Member, Education Subcommittee, Electronic Discovery Working Group for the New York State Court System, 2010 to present
- Secretary, E-Discovery Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, 2006 to present. Contributing Author, “Best Practices in E-Discovery in New York State and Federal Courts,” Report of the E-Discovery Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, July 2011
- Member, Federal Bar Council, Second Circuit Courts Committee, 2008 to present. Subcommittee member, SDNY Pilot Project E-Discovery; Subcommittee member, Second Circuit Courthouse Book Project, Author, Islip Courthouse Chapter
- Member, In-House/Outside Litigation Counsel Group, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 2011-2014
- Member, Professional and Judicial Ethics Committee, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, 2008-2011
Mr. Berman has lectured on electronic discovery issues at Brooklyn Law School and Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law.
Attorney News & Announcements: