Marc O. Dedman, Esq.
- Primerus Board of Directors
- Cross Border Committee Member
- Quality Assurance Board
Marc is a lawyer, advising Spicer Rudstrom’s business and insurance clients. Marc obtained his bachelor’s degree in finance from Loyola University in New Orleans. Among other accomplishments at Loyola, Marc was elected as Student Government Vice President by the student body. He obtained his J.D. from Tulane University and his M.B.A. from Columbia University. At Columbia, Marc was elected to the Honor Board and was the teaching assistant for the Securities Analysis course in the graduate school of business. Marc served four years in the U.S. Army Judge Advocate’s General Corps at two duty stations: Ft. McClellan, Alabama and Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C. He is a recipient of the U.S. Army Commendation Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal and the Army Air Assault Badge. He currently serves as Spicer Rudstrom’s Managing Partner and as the Managing Member of the firm’s Texarkana office.
Marc’s practice is concentrated primarily in the following areas: pharmacy and nurse practitioner; insurance coverage and bad faith; medical spa industry; and business and commercial representation. Marc represents both American and international companies. He is the Chair of the firm’s Professional Negligence and Business and Corporate Law practices.
Marc was 2010-2011 CLE Chair for the Primerus Defense Institute. He was 2012-2013 National Chair of the Primerus Defense Institute. He was elected to the 2014 and 2015 Primerus Board of Directors. Marc was selected to the 2015 Class of Fellows, Nashville Bar Association. He also serves as a member of the Aquinas College Board of Trustees in Nashville and was selected as the chair of the executive committee for 2015-16.
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Pharmacy and Nurse Practitioner Liability
- Medical Spa Industry
- Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, LA (J.D., 1983)
- Columbia University Graduate School of Business, New York, NY (M.B.A, 1988)
- Loyola University, New Orleans, LA (B.B.A., 1980)
- Louisiana (1983)
- Tennessee (1990)
- Tennessee Trial and Appellate Courts
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- United States District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States Supreme Court