M. Matt Jett, Esq.
Leadership: Vice Chair of Young Lawyers Section
M. Matt Jett joined Donato, Minx, Brown & Pool, P.C. as an associate in November 2009. Matt was born in Houston, Texas and attended high school in Henderson, Texas. He earned his undergraduate degree in Finance, magna cum laude, from Stephen F. Austin State University (B.B.A., 2006) and his Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from South Texas College of Law (J.D., 2009).
While at Stephen F. Austin State University, Matt was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society and Financial Management Association Honor Society. During his studies at South Texas College of Law, Matt was an editor for the Corporate Counsel Review, a member of the Student Faculty Committee and received several honors and awards including the Dean’s List and academic scholarships. Matt is also a Texas certified mediator.
Matt has successfully pursued numerous motions and briefs on all appellate levels. Matt has also participated in several mediations, jury trials and arbitrations concerning a wide array of legal issues.
- Year Joined Organization:
Areas of Practice:
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Large Loss Subrogation
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Texas, 2009
- United States District Court Southern District of Texas, 2010
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 2009 J.D.
- Honors : Cum Laude, Dean’s List 2007-2009 and Academic Scholarships
- Corporate Counsel Review : Note Editor 2008-2009
- South Texas College of Law Student Faculty Committee: 2008 – 2009
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, Texas, 2006 B.B.A. (Finance)
- Honors : Magna Cum Laude, Dean’s List 2004-2006 and Academic Scholarships
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society
- Financial Management Association Honor Society