Los Angeles Attorney
Lora Cicconi, Esq.
Lora Cicconi’s practice focuses on income taxation of individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies and S corporations. She has worked on the tax aspects of a variety of transactional matters, including entity formation, public and private offerings, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as tax disputes with the Internal Revenue Service. Lora has also assisted nonprofit clients in securing section 501(c)(3) status and ongoing compliance issues. In addition, she has represented veterans on a pro bono basis in their efforts to obtain increased disability benefits and military discharge upgrades.
- JD, UCLA School of Law, UCLA Law Review, Order of the Coif, 2007
- BA, Economics, Stanford University, 2000
- Law Clerk, Judge Cynthia Holcomb Hall, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2007-2008
Articles & Publications
- U.S. Tax Issues of Foreign Companies Developing Mobile Applications 134 TAX NOTES 715 (2012)
- How Far Do Child Savings Accounts Stray From the Tax Code?, 34 OHIO N.U. L. REV. 17 (2008)
- Competing Goals Amidst the “Opt-Out” Revolution: An Examination of Gender-Based Tax Reform in Light of New Data on Female Labor Supply, 42 GONZAGA L. REV. 257 (2007)
- Blaming the Tax Code for the Backdating Scandal, 114 TAX NOTES 1129 (2007)
- Pharmacist Refusals and Third Party Rights, 54 UCLA L. REV. 709 (2007)
- Member, Luncheon Committee, Inner City Law Center
- Member, American Bar Association, Los Angeles Bar Association, Women’s Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles