Laurence Y. Wong, Esq.
Prior to joining Coleman & Horowitt, LLP in 2006, Mr. Wong practiced law with the Century City firm of Gittler & Bradford and the firm of Hemer, Barkus & Clark, where he was managing attorney of their Inland area office. Mr. Wong is currently the managing attorney for the Los Angeles Office of Coleman & Horowitt.
Mr. Wong has acted as a crash settlement officer and judge pro tem for the Los Angeles County superior court. In addition Mr. Wong acts as a neutral arbitrator for the OIA involving Kaiser Permanente arbitrations.
Mr. Wong has extensive trial experience, having tried to verdict numerous jury and non-jury trials and arbitrations. He has handled all phases of litigation, including post trial motions and appeals. His results include:
- High profile litigation representing a physician who refused to provide an epidural to a pregnant medicare patient unless $300 in cash was paid first.
- Representation of a physician and clinic in which a physician within the clinic was charged with manslaughter following a medical procedure.
Mr. Wong has has also obtained defense verdicts for:
- Alleged failure to diagnose colon cancer resulting in the wrongful death of a 35 year old psychologist survived by her 3 year old son
- Battery allegation in which the patient claimed the physician operated on the wrong site
- Birth injury alleged as result of failure of physician to perform a c-section
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Finance
- Professional Liability Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Juris Doctor, 1981, Western State University College of Law
- Bachelor of Science, 1975, California State University, Long Beach, BA History
- California, United States 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California
- State Bar of California
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Los Angeles County Bar Association