Laura D. Schmidt, Esq.
With prior experience as both an in-house and corporate insurance attorney, Ms. Schmidt specializes in insurance defense litigation and healthcare subrogation. She is board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Ms. Schmidt has more than 50 first chair jury trials to her credit, and concentrates on ERISA reimbursement, personal injury defense, subrogation, premises liability, and products liability. In addition, she has been invited to demonstrate her knowledge in these areas by speaking at local, state, and national seminars.
- State of Texas (1991)
- United States District Court—Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, Eastern District of Oklahoma
- State of Oklahoma (2008)
- Dallas Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Past Chair
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals, Co-Chair of Health Track for 2009 national convention
- National Award for Claims Core Process Redesign, Allstate Insurance Company, 1996
- Texas Super Lawyers–Rising Star, 2007
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1991; editorial board of The Texas Bank Lawyer; Phi Alpha Delta
- Texas Tech University, B.S., 1988 (Cum Laude); Phi Kappa Phi and Golden Key National Honor Fraternities
- Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization