Washington DC Attorney
Lane S. Hurewitz, Esq.
Lane S. Hurewitz is an international trade attorney and of counsel with the Law Offices of Stewart and Stewart. In addition to antidumping and countervailing duty practice and litigation, Mr. Hurewitz has been involved in a wide range of related trade matters including: customs, unfair labeling practices, trade adjustment assistance for firms and workers displaced by imports, Section 332 investigations (general investigations on matters involving tariffs and international trade), and GSP (Generalized System of Preferences) petitions re articles that may be considered for duty-free or special tariff treatment. Lane S. Hurewitz has also assisted a number of companies with a wide range of corporate matters, including the filing of articles of incorporation, amendments to articles of incorporation, and procuring registered trade names.
Mr. Hurewitz has assisted clients and worked on matters involving numerous industries, including:
- Electronics/Typewriters/Nylon Impression Fabric
- Industrial Components
Mr. Hurewitz has also extensively researched and written on the negotiating history of the GATT Uruguay Round Agreement on Textiles and Clothing. He has authored The GATT Uruguay Round: A Negotiating History (1986-1992): Textiles (Kluwer Law and Taxation Publishers, 1993) and “Informal and Indirect Incentives to United States Exports and United States Assistance in Opening Foreign Markets for United States Products and Services,” in Export Practice: Customs and International Trade Law Institute (Spring 1994).
- Informal and Indirect Incentives to United States Exports and United States Assistance in Opening Foreign Markets for United States Products and Services
- GATT Uruguay Round: A Negotiating History (1986-1992)
- Trade Remedies Practice
- Administrative Law and Judicial Review
- George Washington University, J.D., 1987, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Pi Sigma Alpha
- The American University, B.A., honors with distinction, 1984
- District of Columbia
- Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of International Trade;
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- District of Columbia Bar, International Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Associations
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association.
- Federal Circuit Bar Association