Kristi Lush, Esq.
Kristi is a partner at Zupkus & Angell, P.C. Kristi’s practice focuses on civil and commercial litigation, as well as insurance coverage. She has litigated in numerous areas ranging from construction defect and bad faith to transportation and employment disputes. Kristi has been named a 2014 Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star, and holds leadership positions in the ABA and TLA.
Prior to coming to Zupkus & Angell, Kristi maintained a civil litigation practice with a nationally recognized Denver, Colorado firm. Before entering private practice, Kristi served as judicial law clerk to the Hon. Stephen N. Limbaugh, Jr. of the Missouri Supreme Court and the Hon. Whitney Rimel of the United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California, where she gained valuable research and writing experience as well as exposure to diverse areas of law on both the trial and appellate levels.
Kristi obtained both her law and undergraduate degrees from Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. At Washington University School of Law, Kristi served as an editor for the Washington University Law Review, was a member of the Jessup International Moot Court team, Winner of the International Hardy C. Dillard Competition for Best Brief on the national and international level, and a recipient of numerous academic awards.
Between college and law school, Kristi spent two years in Nagano City, Japan teaching English in a public high school. In her free time, Kristi enjoys running, skiing, playing soccer, and spending time with her horse.
Articles & Publications
- Presentation: Effective Use of Experts, Consultants and Visuals in a Winning Coverage Case
- ABA, ICLC Midyear Conference, February 2014.
- Author: Creative Approach to Law Firm Management for Working Moms published in The Docket in March 2013.
- Author: Tenth Circuit Judicial Report published in the ABA Appellate Advocacy Committee Newsletter Winter 2013.
- Author: 50 State Damages Compendium (Colorado) to be published in the ABA Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee Summer- Fall 2013.
- Whiz Kids: serves as a weekly reading and math tutor to at-risk children for a faith-based program.
- Guest Judge for 1L Negotiation Competition at Washington University.
Attorney News & Announcements