Kevin C. Stevens, Esq.
KEVIN C. STEVENS concentrates his practice in the area of civil litigation with a focus on complex commercial, construction, real estate, tort, and healthcare litigation. Mr. Stevens has practiced extensively in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, representing a wide variety of clients in both jury and non-jury trials. Mr. Stevens has also brought and defended claims before arbitration tribunals and has counseled clients in court-ordered and voluntary mediation. His litigation experience includes the following:
- Representation of general contractors, subcontractors, owners, suppliers, and design professionals in various construction related disputes, including defect claims, delay claims, scope of work claims, mechanics’ and materialmen’s liens, and bond claims.
- Representation of national and regional real estate development companies in commercial lease disputes, premises liability litigation, and wrongful detainer actions.
- Representation of national and regional banks in commercial litigation, breach of contract claims, Chapter 7 and 11 bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings, and foreclosure matters.
- Representation of national automobile part manufacturers in product licensing disputes, Lanham Act false advertising claims, and breach of contract litigation.
- Representation of national hospital company in contract disputes, False Claims Act litigation, and internal investigations.
Mr. Stevens received his B.A. degree, cum laude, from Wake Forest University in 1999. He earned his J.D., cum laude, from The University of Tennessee College of Law in 2003. While in law school, Mr. Stevens served as an editor of the Tennessee Law Review, represented clients for the University of Tennessee Legal Clinic, and was named to the Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society. Mr. Stevens is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the Knoxville Bar Association, and the Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Health Care
- Banking and Financial Services
- University of Tennessee – J.D., cum laude, 2003
- Wake Forest University – B.A., cum laude, 1999
- Tennessee – 2003
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee – 2005
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel