Kenneth J. Laino, Esq.
Ken Laino started his career in 1978 with Seward and Kissel in New York City, specializing in corporate and securities law. A few years later he moved to Ohio, and has been practicing law in Cleveland for more than thirty years. While his practice is diverse, Ken focuses principally on asset protection planning, business law, real estate and estate planning. He counsels both individuals and business entities with respect to asset protection strategies; and he is a member of the Asset Protection Planning Committee of the American Bar Association. He represents closely-held businesses and non-profit entities, and assists them with general corporate, employment and commercial litigation matters. He also counsels clients in estate planning and business succession. Ken has represented numerous buyers and sellers of business entities.
Ken is licensed to practice law in Florida and New York as well as Ohio.
Ken has been involved in a wide variety of community activities. He is a member and past president of the Board of Trustees of Westhaven Foundation, which assists developmentally disabled adults. Ken has served on a number of commissions for the City of Lakewood, including its Charter Review Commission and Community Governance Task Force. He has served on the Board of Trustees of Lakewood Hospital and the Board of Trustees of the Diabetes Partnership of Cleveland. He served for many years as an adjunct faculty member at Baldwin-Wallace College (Department of Business Administration).
Ken and his wife reside in Lakewood and have four adult children.
Asset Protection Planning
Business Succession Planning
Estate Planning and Probate
Health Care Law
- John Carroll University, 1975, A.B.
Summa cum laude
- University of Michigan Law School, 1978, J.D.
Award & Honors
- Member and past President of the Board of Trustees of Westhaven Foundation
- Charter Review Commission and Community Governance Task Force for the City of Lakewood
- Board of Trustees of Lakewood Hospital
- Board of Trustees of the Diabetes Partnership of Cleveland
- Past Adjunct Faculty Member at Baldwin-Wallace College (Department of Business Administration)
Court and Bar Associations
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Admitted – State of Florida
- Admitted – State of New York
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Recent Articles, Presentations & Seminars
- Inherited IRA Exempt From Creditors? - February 5, 2014
- Considering an Offshore Trust? Then Consider the Cook Islands - February 3, 2014
- Are We Already Forgetting the Impact of the Recent Recession? - January 23, 2014
- Basic Exemption Planning Should Come First - January 20, 2014
Asset Protection Law Journal – articles and information about asset protection planning -www.assetprotectionlawjournal.com