Karen E. Sosler, Esq.
Karen practices primarily in the areas of health care and labor and employment law. She has counseled a wide variety of health care-related clients, including hospitals, hospices, adult homes, nursing homes, assisted living residents, health maintenance organizations, private physicians and practitioners, and regional health information organizations. She has extensive experience handling regulatory, corporate, transactional, contract, employment, employee benefits, corporate compliance, tax exemption, certificate of need, information technology, privacy and confidentiality, and electronic medical records issues.
Karen has lectured on various topics, including the federal “Stark” law, New York public charities, tax-exempt status for corporations, HIPAA, and the confidentiality of medical records.
Before entering law school, Karen was employed for several years with MetLife in New York City as a senior business procedure consultant, specializing in communications and marketing. In 1999, Karen was the recipient of the Capital District Women’s Bar Association’s Pro Bono Service Award (The Legal Project), and in 2005, she received the Patron of the Arts Award from the Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D.
- Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- University at Albany, M.B.A.
- LeMoyne College, B.S., cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Health Care
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Saratoga County Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors
Community and Business Activities:
- Ellen Sinopoli Dance Company, past president