Joshua E. Mackey, Esq.
Head of the firm’s Insurance Defense practice group, Josh concentrates his practice in litigation, primarily insurance-related matters involving fraud, coverage, breach of contract, subrogation and negligence. Josh has extensive experience in insurance fraud prevention, investigation, and defense. He has handled a variety of legal matters involving allegations of fraud, including arson, automobile insurance claims, medical claims, property theft, insurance agent misconduct and bankruptcy fraud. He has conducted training for major insurance carriers and Fortune 500 companies, as well as continuing legal education classes for attorneys as a lecturer for Lorman Education Services.
As New York state chair for the Council on Litigation Management, Josh promotes ethical principles and best practices of litigation management to fellow members, including insurance carriers, self-insureds, risk managers and corporations. He is also president of the New York State chapter of the National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators and New York State chapter of Special Investigation Units, and a member of the Defense Research Institute.
Josh also handles bankruptcy and general litigation matters, and has advised clients on land use issues, as well as matters relating to liquor licensing and compliance. Active in his native Dutchess County, he serves as chair of the Town of Washington Planning Board, chair of the Town of Washington Comprehensive Plan Committee, and is on the board of directors of Abilities First, Inc. He is a recipient of the distinguished Greater Southern Dutchess Chamber of Commerce “Forty Under 40” award (2009).
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- Assumption College, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Creditors’ Rights
- Insurance Fraud
- Land Use
- NYS Liquor Licensing & Compliance
- New York State Bar Association
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- Council on Litigation Management
- Defense Research Institute
- National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators
- New York State Chapter of Special Investigation Units
Community and Business Activities
- Town of Washington Planning Board, chair
- Town of Washington Comprehensive Plan Committee, chair
- Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, volunteer attorney
- Abilities First, Inc., member, board of directors; member, executive committee
- Lorman Educational Services, lecturer
Attorney News & Announcements