Joseph W. Worthen, II, Esq.
Jay is a partner in the Firm specializing in real estate, business and banking matters. He came to Rudolph Friedmann in 2005 after operating his own successful, medium size law firm in Keene, New Hampshire for 29 years. He has a broad and extensive background in a wide variety of commercial and residential transactions including sales and acquisitions, loan work-outs and foreclosures. Jay also assists and advises clients in creditor filings, business sales and acquisitions, shareholder and partnership agreements and joint ventures, commercial and employment contracts, and other closely-held business matters.
Most recently, Jay has acted as lead counsel in negotiating and drafting a partnership agreement and a management and development agreement for the development and construction of a $130,000,000.00 office building to be occupied by the Federal Government.
In addition to his active law practice, Jay is an experienced instrument rated private pilot, an ice-certified SCUBA diver, a fine woodworker, and an avid Salsa and ballroom dancer.
Areas of Practice:
- Real Estate
- Business Transactions
- Massachusetts, 2006
- New Hampshire, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of New Hampshire, 1976
- New England School of Law
Juris Doctorate, 1976
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Law Review: Author and Technical Editor
- Dartmouth College
Hanover, New Hampshire
Bachelor of Arts, 1972
- The Governor’s Academy
Honors: #1 Ranking Scholar
Associations and Memberships:
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Moving Company Dance Center
Director and Past President
- Keene Housing Authority, 1998 – 2005
- New Hampshire Bar Association Board of Governors, 1990 – 1992
- Monadnock Economic Development Corporation, 1984 – 1992
Director and President
- Cheshire County Bar Association, 1985 – 1987
- Hospice of Cheshire County, 1982 – 1984
- Keene Public Library, 1982