Joseph S. McCue, Esq.
- Commercial Transportation
- Professional Liability
- Retail / Hospitality / Entertainment
- Building Materials
- Commercial Construction
- Residential Construction
- University of South Carolina, Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina, B.S., Industrial Relations B.S., Marketing
Bar & Court Admissions
- South Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Joey McCue is a senior shareholder with Collins & Lacy and chair of the firm’s Construction Practice Group. Joey’s practice primarly focuses on construction, transportation, premises liability, professional liability and pesticide litigation. Prior to joining Collins & Lacy in 1997, he served as a law clerk for the Honorable Paula H. Thomas. Joey also has 10 years of experience in sales and as a business owner. His reputation in the courtroom and professional standing as an attorney are highly rated by his peers, according to Martindale-Hubbell.
Practice Focus/Trial Experience
- Construction Litigation: defense of developers, general contractors and sub-contractors, including multi-million dollar construction defect trials, with million dollar exposure, resolved through mediation.
- Transportation Litigation: defense of tractor trailers and buses involving allegations of death and brain injury.
- Premises Liability: including “trip and falls” and “slip and falls” for national fast-food chains and retailers.
- Professional Liability: representing other lawyers and law firms in the defense of malpractice.
- Pest Control Litigation: including the representation of licensed pest control operators in wood infestation and structural sub-structure repair work claims, with hands-on experience in pesticide application and inspections, as well as sub-structure repair.
Professional, Civic, and Community Involvement
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
- YMCA Youth Soccer Coach
- Eastminster Presbyterian Church – Elder
Papers, Presentations, and Publications
- Building a Framework for Fixing Construction Issues, South Carolina HBA’s South Carolina Builder, December 2010, Co-Author
- Speaker, AIG Construction Group Conference, San Ramone, CA, 2006
- Speaker, AIG Construction Group Conference, San Ramone, CA, 2003
Articles & Publications
I Liked It When I Signed It– But I Don’t Like It Now: Limitation Of Liability Clauses – Joey McCue and Logan Wells
Attorney News & Announcements