Joseph P. Gibbons, Esq.
Joe Gibbons joined the firm in May 2005 and became a partner in January 2006. Prior to joining the firm, Joe spent the majority of his career with McGinty, Gibbons, Hilow & Spellacy Co., LPA and Carney & Broadbent, both located in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Over the years, Joe represented a variety of individuals, businesses, institutions and governmental entities. Joe’s primary practice areas include counseling closely-held businesses, real estate, estate and business succession planning, estate planning, estate and trust administration, and related litigation.
He is active in community and civic affairs, having served as a member of City Council for the City of Lakewood (1992 – 1995), Member and past President of the Lakewood Civil Service Commission (1996 – current) and on many boards and commissions in the City of Lakewood. He served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Lakewood Catholic Academy, as a Member and Officer of the Board of Trustees of Lakewood Hospital Foundation, and is currently a Member of the Lakewood Hospital Board.
Joe remains an avid ice hockey player, and has performed in a number of local community theater productions, along with his wife, Peggy.
Joe and Peggy have two adult children and reside in Lakewood.
- John Carroll University, 1976
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1979, J.D.
Awards & Honors:
- Recipient of Lakewood Catholic Academy’s “Insignis Award”
- Member of Cuyahoga Arts & Culture Board of Trustees
- City Council for the City of Lakewood (1992 – 1995)
- Current member and past President of the Lakewood Civil Service Commission (1996 – present)
- Member of the Lakewood Hospital Board
- Current member and past Officer of the Board of Trustees of the Lakewood Hospital Foundation
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors of Lakewood Catholic Academy
Court and Bar Associations:
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Areas of Practice:
- Business Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate
- Trust Administration