Joseph O. ("Josh") Smith, Esq.
Josh represents businesses, financial institutions, and individuals in both state and federal court. He has experience handling all aspects of litigation, from preliminary motion practice to jury trials and appeals. Josh also works with clients to develop and implement policies, procedures, and strategies to avoid litigation.
Josh is a Greenville native, a graduate of Clemson University and the University of South Carolina School of Law. During law school Josh served as an editorial board member for the Southeastern Environmental Law Journal. In addition, he worked as a law clerk for the United States Environmental Protection Agency Region 4 Office of Environmental Accountability, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control General Counsel’s Office, and the National District Attorney’s Association College for District Attorneys.
- Clemson University, with honors, B.A., 2005
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2008
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division, Upstate Inn of Court
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association; American Bar Association
Josh currently participates in a variety of practice areas, including employment, commercial/corporate, environmental, creditor’s rights, and administrative/regulatory law. He also works to protect clients’ interests in all stages of litigation, whether through negotiation, trial, or written advocacy.
- 2008, South Carolina
- 2009, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
Attorney News & Announcements:
- Nine Roe Cassidy Attorneys Named to Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite 2014
- Jim Cassidy, Bill Coates, Randy Moody, Trey Suggs, Amber Glidewell, and Josh Smith recognized by South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Nine Roe Cassidy Attorneys Named to Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Six Roe Cassidy Coates & Price Attorneys Named to Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite