Sao Paulo Attorney
Jose Luis Leite Doles, Esq.
Phone: +(55 11) 3069-9080
Languages: Portuguese, Spanish, French, English
Born in São Paulo / SP, in 1958.
Admitted to the Brazilian Bar Association in 1982
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) at São Paulo University Law School (1981)
Areas of Performance
- Banking, Financing and Capital Markets
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Restructuring
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Articles and Publications:
- Acordo fiscal entre Brasil e Estados Unidos causa polêmica, no jornal Gazeta Mercantil
- Assembleias de fundos decidem desde políticas de investimento até taxas de administração, no site AE
- Nominated one of “the world’s leading lawyers” by The International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal, Law Business Research Ltd. (London) in 2008.
- Has solid background and experience in Banking and Financial Law. He was part of BankBoston-Brazil’s Legal Department for 17 years, 14 of which as General Counsel. He was responsible for the structuring of BankBoston’s Legal Department in Brazil, in addition to the Compliance activity, and has large experience and knowledge in the development of sophisticated financial products and in the implementation of corporate governance and risk management programs.
- Before joining BankBoston, he was Senior Counsel at Citibank-Brazil. He gathered wide knowledge in Trade Finance, Foreign Exchange, Lending, Treasury Operations, structured operations and banking products in Brazilian and international markets.
- A former director of ANBID (National Association of Investment Banks) – from 2003 to 2006 – where he coordinated the Legal and Compliance Commissions.