Jon Sweet, Esq.
Phone: +44 20 7209 2000
Jon heads up the corporate team. He is an experienced corporate lawyer focussing on M&A (public and private), private equity/venture capital and corporate finance. He acts for owner managers (and their businesses), corporates, financial institutions and management teams. He understands both sides of the argument. He is identified as a leading lawyer in Legal 500 and in Chambers where he is praised for his “in-depth understanding of business matters and ability to get on with clients”.
Jon joined Marriott Harrison as a Partner in 1993. He trained and spent 10 years at Slaughter and May (including two years in Hong Kong).
- Advising on the takeover of AIM quoted Coolabi Plc by a company backed by Edge Performance VCT Plc and the subsequent acquisition of Working Partners and Beast Quest (packagers of children’s literary content).
- Advising on acquisition by Al-Khaleej Training & Education of all the shares in LG&DE Limited (Linguaphone) not already owned by it.
- Acting for Eagle Rock Entertainment on the investment by VCT funds managed by Beringea into Eagle-i Music and subsequent acquisition of music publishing assets.
- Advising on the sale of Roodlane Medical Limited to HCA International Limited.
- Acting on the acquisition by AIM quoted Cello Group Plc of MedErgy Healthcare Inc and associated placing of shares on AIM.
- Acting for Sterling Financial Print Limited on the sale of its manufactured print business.
Areas of Practice:
- M & A
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Joint Ventures
- Reorganisations and Structuring