John F. Queenan, Esq.
John is the head of the firm’s Litigation practice group. He primarily practices in the areas of commercial, personal injury and civil rights litigation, and criminal defense. John represents and counsels individuals and businesses in the fields of business/commercial disputes, health care, accounting, licensed professions and mobile support service industries, among others. He has handled diverse matters for clients, including a class action wage-fixing antitrust case with substantial eDiscovery implications, a Title VII claim involving termination of physician practice privileges, construction disputes, breach of contract, and professional liability defense.
John has also represented clients in the prosecution and defense of personal injury claims involving a pedestrian bridge collapse; highway and building design and maintenance; product liability and design defects; chemical ignitions; CERCLA; and pedestrian, bicycle and motor vehicle accidents. His practice includes appearances before state and federal trial courts, appellate courts, administrative agencies (disciplinary, licensing and audit matters) and internal hearings throughout the State of New York, and alternate dispute resolution formats.
Before joining ICRH in 2004, he practiced with the New York City Law Department, Office of Corporation Counsel, where he initially served as a prosecutor in the Law Department’s Juvenile Prosecution Unit. John later served as Assistant Deputy Borough Chief in Bronx County, Designated Felony Unit Prosecutor in Queens County and as Deputy Borough Chief in Queens County, all in the Juvenile Prosecution Unit. During these assignments, he acted as litigation counsel in certain matters for the New York City Department of Education and Department of Juvenile Justice.
John was also a member of the Special Federal Litigation Division of the Law Department, in which he defended civil rights actions brought against the New York City Police Department, Department of Corrections, and other law enforcement agencies of the City of New York.
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., magna cum laude
- Member of the Justinian Society for Academic Excellence
- Member of Moot Court Board
- University of Albany, B.A.
- summa cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District of New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Second Circuit
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society (PLUS)
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
Community and Business Activities
- Albany Law School National Alumni Association, board member
- Albany Law School and Albany County Bar Association (high school competition), moot court judge
- Albany Law School, volunteer mentor
- Albany Police Athletic League, board member
- Youth soccer coach
- Youth hockey coach
Attorney News & Announcements