Jessica Elizabeth Sanford, Esq.
Jessica Sanford, Of Counsel, practices in general civil litigation, with specialization in the area of insurance defense. She is experienced in handling cases involving personal injury, premises liability (including slip & fall and negligent security), products liability, insurance fraud, construction litigation, and wrongful death. Ms. Sanford is a 1997 graduate of New York University, where she graduated with honors. She received her juris doctorate in 2000 from the University of Miami School of Law. During law school, she worked as a law clerk at a medical malpractice defense firm, participated in the school’s trial advocacy program, and worked with a Dade County Class A public defender.
Ms. Sanford began practicing law in 2000, working as an associate with an insurance defense firm located in Hollywood, Florida. In 2001, she assisted in the opening of the first satellite office for the firm in Coral Gables, Florida, where she continued to practice in the area of insurance defense and handled all of the firm’s Special Investigative Unit (SIU) cases.
In 2004, Ms. Sanford relocated to Atlanta, Georgia, and joined Barrickman, Allred & Young, LLC. She was the lead attorney on hundreds of cases for the firm, practicing in the State and Superior Courts of Georgia, as well as in the United States District Court in the Northern District of Georgia. Ms. Sanford was the principal attorney handling matters for United Services Automobile Association (USAA), a major client for the firm.
Ms. Sanford joined Fain, Major & Brennan, P.C. in May of 2011, as Of Counsel, and brought her client, USAA, with her.
Ms. Sanford is a member of the state bars of Georgia and Florida, as well as the Washington, D.C. bar. She is also a member of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, J.D. – 2000
- New York University, New York, New York, B.A. – 1997, with Honors
- Georgia, 2004
- Florida, 2000
- District of Columbia, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2005
Areas of Practice:
- General Civil Litigation – Insurance Defense
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Insurance Fraud
- Construction Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- AAA of the South
- United Services Automobile Association (USAA)
Honors and Awards:
- Ranked AV® Preeminent™ 4.9 out of 5
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia, 2004
- Florida State Bar, 2000
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 2002
Past Employment Positions:
- Barrickman, Allred & Young, LLC, Senior Associate, 2004 – 2011
- Tolgyesi, Katz, Hankin & Katz, P.A., Associate, 2000 – 2004