Austin, Texas Attorney
Jeremy J. Cook, Esq.
Leadership: Industry Liaison Chair of Product Liability Practice Group
Mr. Cook is a graduate of the University of Texas School of Law whose practice area focuses on insurance defense litigation. He has significant trial experience in cases involving premises and products liability issues and is admitted to practice before all state courts in Texas, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas. At the University of Texas School of Law in Austin, Mr. Cook was named Recent Developments Articles Editor for the Texas Environmental Law Journal and was a member of the 2004 ATLA Mock Trial Team. He received his bachelor degree, summa cum laude, from Texas A & M University – Corpus Christi in 2002. Mr. Cook served our country in the United States Coast Guard from 1996 to 2000, achieving the rank of 2nd Class Petty Officer as an Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT). Mr. Cook spent more than three years working on the Coast Guard’s HU-25 Falcon fanjet aircraft. Mr. Cook achieved the aircrew title of Dropmaster for the Falcon.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 2005; Recent Developments Articles Editor, Texas Environmental Law Journal
- Texas A & M University at Corpus Christi (Summa Cum Laude) B.A. in History, Minor in Ethics, 2002; Member of Spring 2001 National Championship Ethics Bowl Team
- State of Texas (2005)
- United States District Courts-Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States Coast Guard, Aviation Maintenance Technician,2nd Class Petty Officer, 1996 to 2000
- Jeremy Cook & Jim Burt, “Ethical Considerations Concerning Contracts by Counsel or Investigations with Present and Former Employees of an Opposing Party,“ 38 St. Mary’s Law Journal 963-1001 (2007)
- Jeremy Cook & John Turney, “EPA Final Rule on Routine Maintenance, Repair, and Replacement Under Federal New Source Review,” 34 St. B. Tex. Envtl. L.J. 62 (Fall, 2003)