Phone: +49 69 76 75 77 80
Languages: Spanish, French, German, English
As an experienced lawyer for Intellectual Property, Copyright and Media Law, Jens-Marwin Koch provides legal counsel in US, German and International Copyright, Trademark, Media and Internet Law, as well as with issues involving Unfair Competition and Patent Law. He negotiates the necessary contracts (e.g. license agreements) and asserts his clients’ legal rights in and out of court.
In addition, Jens-Marwin Koch is our clients’ contact person for issues involving the drafting of general terms and conditions. He regularly conducts Due Diligence examinations of his clients’ intellectual and commercial property. Moreover, he advises German and international businesses and nonprofit organizations on issues of data protection.
Prior to joining WINHELLER, Jens-Marwin Koch worked many years at a law office in Berlin, acted as head of the Berlin office of a Swiss law firm, and worked for an IP boutique law firm in New York City.
Jens-Marwin Koch gained extensive experience in his fields of interest during his graduate studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA) where he received his LL.M. degree. He also studied Law at the Universities of Mannheim, Munich, Freiburg and Bielefeld and participated in the Master of Comparative Law (M.C.L.) program at the Universities of Mannheim and Adelaide (Australia).
- Intellectual Property
- Unfair Competition
- Due Diligence Examinations
- Data Protection
Associations and Volunteering
- German Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- German-American Lawyers Association
- University of Illinois College of Law, LL.M., Corporate Law, 2004 – 2005
- University of Adelaide, Master of Comparative Law M.C.L., Comparative Law, 1999 – 2001
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg im Breisgau, 1st State Exam, Law, 1996 – 1999
- Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München, law, 1994 – 1996
- European School Karlsruhe, E.B. European Baccalaureate, 1982 – 1993
- QLTS school