Jason C. Palmer, Esq.
Judicial Law Clerk, David Harris, Justice, Iowa Supreme Court, 1997-1998
General practice including, but not limited to Commercial Litigation, Construction Law and Litigation, Litigation and Trial Law, Product Liability, Transportation Law and Litigation
- The University of Iowa (B.S., 1994)
- Drake University Law School (J.D., with honors, 1997) – Member, 1995-1997 and Managing Editor, 1996-1997, Drake Law Review
State Bar Admissions
- Wisconsin, 1997
- Iowa, 1998
Federal Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- U.S. Tax Court
Professional Memberships and Admissions
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Iowa Defense Counsel Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- Transportation Law Association
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
- Covenant Transport, Inc.
- EMC Insurance Companies
- Pacer Transport, Inc.
- Public Entity Risk Services of Iowa
- R+L Carriers, Inc.
Sample of Reported Cases
- Bradshaw-Hulsing v. Bd. of Adjustment of City of Clive (Iowa Ct. App. May 26, 2010)(unpublished)
- Chamberlain, L.L.C. v. City of Ames (Iowa 2008)
- Commercial Fed. Bank v. Qwest Corp. (Iowa Ct. App. 2004)
- Davis Ins. Agency, Inc. v. Barnes (Iowa Ct. App. Jan. 10, 2001) (unpublished)
- Kopple v. Schick Farms, Ltd. (N.D. Iowa 2006)
- Piper v. Jerry’s Homes, Inc. (Iowa Ct. App. 2003)
- Allocating Responsibility for Defective Loading of Cargo: The Savage Rule, The Transportation Lawyer (2010)
- Carrier Liability: When is Cargo Delivered?, The Transportation Lawyer (2010)
- Legal Update, “Lifeliner”, published by the Iowa Motor Truck Association (2010)
- Protect Yourself and Your Company, “Lifeliner”, published by the Iowa Motor Truck Association (2009)
Oct 28, 2009 – Jason C. Palmer Contributes Article To Iowa Motor Truck Association’s Lifeliner Magazine, Fall 2009