James R. Odell, Esq.
James R. Odell is a member of the firm’s Collections Group. He has earned a distinguished reputation for providing clients with practical, effective collections strategies over 40 years of practice, including six years as Assistant Commonwealth Attorney. Mr. Odell represents creditors in a wide variety of industries, handling claims litigation with an emphasis on pre and post-judgment creditors’ remedies to protect and recover collateral and collect debts owed. He provides comprehensive service and strong solutions for secured and unsecured creditors, property managers, purchasers of assets out of bankruptcy estates, trustees, and assignees for the benefit of creditors.
- Commercial Law
- University of Kentucky, LL.B. 1964
- College of William & Mary, A.B. 1960
- Kentucky State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern Districts of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Western Districts of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Rating
- The Bar Register of Preeminent™
- Lawyers Listing
James R. Odell is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association and of the Fayette County Bar Association, where he served as past president. As a member of Fayette County Legal Aid, he served on the organization’s Board of Directors.