James P. Farmer, Jr. Esq.
Jim Farmer joined the firm in 1990 and has been a partner since 1994. Jim participates in the firm’s Business/Real Estate Practice Group and Probate/Estate Planning Group. Jim represents numerous closely-held businesses. He also works with clients on their real estate, estate planning and estate administration needs. As part of his real estate practice, Jim has worked extensively in the area of Mineral Rights. Jim has experience in acquisitions, mergers, financing, leases and sales.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, Ohio State Bar Association and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association. Jim participates in the Business, Banking & Corporate Counsel and Real Estate Law sections of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association.
Jim serves as Chairman of the Mayfield Village Planning and Zoning Commission. He has served several terms, as a Trustee for the Cleveland Rotary Club’s Foundation. Jim has been active with local sports programs involving ice hockey and rugby football. Since 1999 he has served on the Board of Directors of the 1964 Rugby Foundation (a non-profit corporation serving Cleveland’s rugby community). Jim was the Founder of the Ohio University Rugby Club and remains active with the club today.
Jim and his wife, Nancy, have three adult sons. The entire family obtained their undergraduate degrees at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio.
- Ohio University, 1975, B.S.
Founder & Captain of the O.U. Rugby Club
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1981, J.D.
Moot Court Judge for First Year Students
Awards & Honors:
- Chairman of the Mayfield Village Planning & Zoning Commission
- Mayfield Village Ordinance Review Committee
- Member of the Rotary Club of Cleveland (Since 1982)
- Chairman and Member of the Board of Directors of the 1964 Rugby Foundation (Since 1999)
- Past President of the Mayfield Hockey Association
Court and Bar Associations:
- Admitted – State of Ohio
- Admitted – U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Business, Banking & Corporate Counsel Section, Real Estate Law Section
Areas of Practice:
- Business Law
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Real Estate