James H. Cassidy, Esq.
Pete is a graduate from Emory University and the University of South Carolina School of Law. While in law school, he clerked for the South Carolina Attorney General and after graduation, he worked for one year in a small real estate firm. In 1972 Pete returned to Greenville, where he has been engaged in the general practice of law for over 40 years. As a founding member of Roe Cassidy Coates & Price, P.A., Pete brings to the firm valuable experience in a number of areas, which is uncommon in today’s era of super-specialization. Although a general practitioner, Pete concentrates his practice in civil and commercial litigation and commercial real estate transactions. Pete was selected in the inaugural issue of South Carolina Super Lawyers in the areas of General Litigation and Real Estate and more recently was named as a “South Carolina Super Lawyer” in 2012 in the area of General Litigation.
- The Citadel, B.S., 1971
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 1974
- South Carolina Bar
- South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Directors, 1983-1986)
- South Carolina Bankruptcy Law Association (Board of Directors, 2008-Present)
- Greenville County Bar Association (Secretary/Treasurer, 1978-1982; President, 1998)
- Greenville County Trial Lawyers Association (Secretary/Treasurer, 1982)
Jim’s primary focus is in the area of commercial and civil litigation representing business and individual clients in the areas of creditors’ rights and business/corporate law. As a certified Bankruptcy and Collection Lawyer, he represents individuals and businesses in commercial and corporate litigation matters.
- 1974, South Carolina
- 1975, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina and U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Attorney News & Announcements
- Three Roe Cassidy Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers 2015
- Nine Roe Cassidy Attorneys Named to Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite 2014
- Jim Cassidy, Bill Coates, Randy Moody, Trey Suggs, Amber Glidewell, and Josh Smith recognized by South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Nine Roe Cassidy Attorneys Named to Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Six Roe Cassidy Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in 2013 South Carolina Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars
- Two Roe Cassidy Attorneys Receive Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” Award
- Three Roe Cassidy Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers 2013
- Six Roe Cassidy Coates & Price Attorneys Named to Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite
- Five Roe Cassidy Coates & Price Partners Named in the 2012 South Carolina Edition of Super Lawyers®
- Three Roe Cassidy Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers 2012